Welcome to the museum! Read more about our measures due to COVID-19 here.
The Nordic Watercolour Museum is re-opening on 21 May, and we look forward to seeing you! What awaits is a museum adapted to the new circumstances we find ourselves in. You can read more below about what we’re doing to make sure visitors feel safe when enjoying art with us, despite COVID-19.
WHAT THE MUSEUM IS DOING TO REDUCE THE SPREAD OF INFECTION
• We’ll be using a tag system to make sure there are never more than 50 people viewing the exhibitions at any one time. Further information at the museum.
• Visitors are urged to keep at least 2 metres from staff and each other, and to observe the floor markings when there are queues. The museum entrance is being used as the access point to the exhibitions and restaurant, so social distancing is particularly important here.
• Our cash desks now have Perspex barriers, and staff will wear protective gloves. We would prefer to avoid the use of cash. Please instead pay by card or Swish.
• The shop has been rearranged and the cash desk is now outside of it. This frees up more space in the actual shop, which allows no more than 4 visitors at a time.
• Hand sanitiser is available for staff and visitors by the cash desks and all toilets.
• More frequent and extensive cleaning. Handles and handrails will be sanitised regularly.
• The discovery bag will be temporarily unavailable.
• The programme is being reduced and adapted. Since we want to avoid group gatherings, there will be no guided tours during the summer. Instead, we will have material available for visitors to use on their own. Read more about adaptations in the summer programme here.
• Cancellation rules have been eased for residents in the museum’s guest studios and course participants. Please stay at home if you feel unwell and notify the museum of your cancellation.
MEASURES AT VATTEN RESTAURANG & KAFÉ
• The restaurant will offer table service only. You can buy refreshments as usual at the café checkout. Card or Swish payments only. There are floor markings to remind queueing guests to keep 2 metres apart.
• Seating has been reduced by 40% and is now further apart – also outdoors – to ensure guests can keep their distance.
HOW CAN VISITORS HELP?
• Please stay at home if you feel unwell or have even the slightest symptoms.
• Keep your distance from staff and each other. The museum entrance is being used as the access point both to the exhibitions and restaurant. Please remember to keep your distance.
• Wash your hands often and ideally use the hand sanitiser.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU!
During the summer we will be showing the following exhibitions: Flora, Fauna och Kroppens tunna skal, Jongsuk Yoon and Eva Lindström. The museum is open daily at 11 am – 4 pm. You will also be able to access the exhibitions, introductory and in-depth information material and activities digitally. More information to follow.
+46 304–60 00 80 (Monday–Friday at 8 am–3 pm, closed for lunch at 12–1 pm)
Vatten Restaurang & Kafé
+46 304–67 00 27